Currently, Greece has about 60,000 refugees, most of them located on the island of Lesvos. People who, after risking their lives, continue to suffer in shameful conditions, waiting for months to find psychological help. Yoga is an instant relief and its effectiveness is also demonstrated in cases of posttraumatic stress.
Therefore, together with the NGO “Light Without Borders” located on the island of Lesvos, we have started a volunteer program to ensure that yoga can be practiced regularly.
Through the development of physical, emotional and mental balance, yoga has proven effective in helping with posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Relaxation and overturning negative thoughts.
- Development of self-knowledge, mindfulness and self-awareness.
- Increase Positive thinking improvement.
- Stress relief and encourage to find happiness within themselves.
- Build a community with different backgrounds and religions. Mix local people and people from all over the world creating a sense of belonging.
If you also would like to volunteer in Lesvos, email us at:
- Minimum stay 2-3 weeks.
- Accommodation, transportation and food expenses are not covered.
- Having previous experience in volunteering or social work will be valued.
Donate and help us to keep going
We need to buy mats and yoga equipment for the different centers
We want to pay for the transportation expenses and t-shirts of our volunteers